CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Eight

I've been tagged by the ever-delightful Mandi.

8 favorite TV shows:

  1. I Love Lucy
  2. The Cosby Show
  3. The Muppets
  4. (The theme here is either ANCIENT HISTORY or NERD ALERT.)
  5. But also:
  6. NCIS
  7. and . . . um . . .
  8. Moving on . . .

8 books I recommend:
  1. The Scarlet Pimpernel
  2. Mrs. Mike
  3. All of Jane Austen's (Thanks Marla)
  4. Jane Eyre
  5. The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands (no, really)
  6. (Technically that's more than 8)

8 things that happened yesterday:
  1. Wild bargain shopping spree at Kohl's.
  2. Ate fish tacos for the first time - yum! (Except the cilantro)
  3. Sampled a Milk Bordeaux at See's - also yum!
  4. Grocery run with my 3yo.
  5. Ice cream with my 5yo.
  6. Blushed again at my Friday-night charades attempt at "Elf."
  7. Saw a teenaged acquaintance in the mall and forgot that grownups aren't supposed to greet adolescents in such settings. Especially not grownups that publicly confess a love of The Muppets. Received a hasty, barely audible hello as said acquaintance passed.
  8. Saw a tweenaged acquaintance 10 minutes later, forgot again, got the same results. Will I ever learn?
8 things to look forward to:
  1. Next Sunday's Christmas program
  2. Post-Christmas family events!
  3. All things Christmas
  4. Warm weather
  5. January slow-down
  6. The box of Clementine Cuties in the kitchen
  7. Sleeping
  8. My new steam mop that's on a UPS truck somewhere east of here
8 things on my wish list:
  1. Slippers
  2. Warm socks
  3. Winter dress boots
  4. The return of normal circulation to my previously overheated year-round-flip-flop feet.
  5. New cooling racks
  6. August Rush
  7. Motivation & energy to declutter
  8. This little gadget
8 things I love about winter:
  1. Cold tap water
  2. Holidays
  3. Snow days
  4. Hot Cocoa
  5. Random 65-degree days
  6. Clam Chowder
  7. Rosy cheeks
  8. Christmas lights
8 people to tag (that is, if they wish to be tagged)
  1. Jacque
  2. Yonf
  3. Jill
  4. LCM
  5. Christy
  6. Savannah
  7. Kathlene
  8. Jenn

7 comments:

marlaquin said...

I know that it said my sister wrote this, but I can't imagine she would ever in a million years request warm socks, and winter dress boots.

What now, long sleeves?

Mandi said...

You rock! I must say that I too, love the Muppets, and that your book list could easily be mine, too. Now, have you seen the movie Scarlet Pimpernel? Sooo my fave. I need to get it on DVD, speaking of which.

LCM said...

I love the Bordeaux from See's. See's isn't in Texas though, sad. I did do your tag. Like I said, I don't have much else to do.

Megan said...

that looks like a fun one. Can I do it too?

Mrs. B said...

Marla - sadly, yes. I'm a little claustrophobic (but warm) with all this clothing on.

Mandi - Love that movie, and have sought the DVD as well, but why is it $16 on Amazon? Why, Amazon, why? Meet Joe Black was only $6.49!

LCM - If you need a See's fix after your mall kiosk disappears, just let me know! Do you think it could make it to Texas without melting?

Megan - absolutely! Can't wait to read it!

Julianna said...

the only time I have EVER run 7 mi was on a treadmill while watching Scarlet Pimpernel. It is such a great movie/book it gives you super human strength and abilities!

Mrs. B said...

Julianna! Is that you? As in banandaid bread Julianna?